• Learn More About Folk Songs
Grade 2, Log On
Grade 2, Unit 4, Lesson 7
You can learn folk songs in many ways.
It's fun to learn songs from your family and community members.
Here are some different ways:
- At a family gathering, ask the adults if they know any folk songs. See if they can remember any from their childhood, and can share them with you.
- On parent's or grandparent's day, invite the adults to talk to your class about the songs they remember from their childhood, and share them. You might tape record some of the songs and learn the games.
- Send e-mails to the members of the Board of Education (or School Board) asking them if they know any folk songs. Have them share the songs with you. Have your parent or guardian help draft the email. You could even ask your teacher about inviting them to class to share the folk songs with you.
- Go to a folk music concert.
- Find books or recordings of folk songs in the library.
Create a class folk song list, adding one new song each day until you have enough to create your own concert. Choose folk songs from different parts of the world.